Afterschool Homework Help
September 29, 2023
JH / HS After-school Homework Program
For 6th – 10th grade students:
Purpose: To assist all students with homework help, extra instruction (to clarify understanding of the content) / tutoring, complete missing or late work (especially from absences), or students who refuse to complete homework.
When: Tuesday’s and Thursdays from 3:15 – 4:30 PM – Beginning Tuesday, October 3
Where: Ms. Kilver’s room (on the 2nd floor)
Teacher Supervisors: Ms. Kilver and Ms. Schutz
- Students are provided the opportunity to enhance academic performance on a voluntary basis.
- Teachers may recommend students and call parents for students to stay if they have missing work or refusing to complete classroom work, or low grades and failing.
- Transportation may be provided to students who require it from living out of town.
- Parents may be contacted on a Friday, Monday, or Wednesday recommending for students to participate in the afterschool group.
- Any student with missing work for two weeks and who has refused to stay afterschool will receive a zero.
- Expectations of students while attending the afterschool homework program:
- Students should be prepared to complete their work.
- Students should not be disruptive.
- Students should be respectful to staff and other students.
- Any student not following these expectations will be separated and/or removed from the program. Parents will be notified of misconduct.
- Our Goal is for the students to have a positive educational experience to enhance their academic performance in a positive environment.